Dog saves choking woman by performing the Heimlich Maneuver
A 61-year-old woman in Liverpool, England named Lesley Hailwood was at her house on New Year's Eve eating a box of chocolates, when around 11:30 she popped a piece in her mouth and started CHOKING.
Lesley was alone, except for a dog named Nell, which she's been taking care of while it’s training to be a seeing-eye dog.
At first, Nell didn't even notice Lesley was in trouble and just kept sleeping on the floor. However, once Nell saw Lesley start running around in a panic, Nell woke up, jumped on the couch, got up on her hind legs, and used her front legs to HIT Lesley in the chest – which then dislodged the chocolate and saved her LIFE!
According to Lesley, Nell HASN'T been trained to deal with a choking victim, but somehow seemed to know exactly what to do.
- Kelly Urich