Kelly Urich


Woman Starts Choking...Dog Saves Her By Triggering Home Security Bracelet

A disabled woman in Quaker Hill, Connecticut named Candace Lines almost lost her life recently....but she has her eight-year-old German Shepherd Samantha to thank for avoiding that!

Candace was home alone when she started choking on a piece of chicken. Because while Candace was choking, she pointed at the dog, then pointed at an emergency bracelet across the room that has a button you can press if there's a break-in.  And when the dog bit down on it, it triggered that alarm.

Then when the security company called on a wall-mounted speaker system, Candace couldn't breathe, let alone talk. But the dog started BARKING like crazy.

So the company called it in, and firefighters arrived just in time to find Candace unconscious and saved her life.

Apparently the dog sat next to Candace the entire time they worked on her. The emergency workers said that if things had gone differently, Candace definitely wouldn't have made it.

- Kelly Urich 

Tags :  
Topics : Human InterestSocial Issues
Social :
Locations : Connecticut
People : Candace LinesKelly Urich

10/23/2013 8:36AM
Disabled Woman Starts Choking...Her Dog Triggers Home Security Bracelet and Saves Her Life
Please Enter Your Comments Below
Title :
Comment :
99.7 The Point

Thanks for listening – and be sure to take 99.7 The Point along at work next week!